Ziqitza Healthcare Ltd remarks on the Importance of treatment of Kidney disease in India.
Ziqitza Healthcare Ltd (ZHL) Indias leading emergency medical services provider Company. Over the 15 years it has been their aim to reduce the number of fatalities caused any chronic diseases by providing timely emergency medical help to the people within the golden hour in India. They provide assistance through their services like medical helpline and ambulance services to patients/ callers in need in case of a medical emergency from anywhere at any time for immediate assistance. Over the years they have noted that one of the key reasons for usage of ambulances has been for people suffering from kidney disease and are undergoing long term treatment. We at Ziqitza Limited believes it is crucial that prevention of Kidney disease should become an important goal for the medical fraternity and public at large to encourage its detection and treatment that help saves more life.
About Kidney & Its functions
Kidneys are amazing organs located inside the abdomen below the rib cage. They are bean shaped and about size of your fist. All the blood in your body passes through kidneys multiple times in a day. They perform various important functions in the body which include the following
- Filter the blood
- Remove wastes, poisons and extra fluid from your blood
- Control your bodys chemical balance
- Help control your blood pressure
- Help keep your bones healthy
- Help you make red blood cells
- Excrete the wastes in urine
Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) in India
Dr. Santosh Datar from Ziqitza Healthcare remarked, CKD means a gradual loss of kidney function. Since kidney has a lot of reserve function, patients do not have symptoms or very few symptoms until kidney function is significantly impaired. Once kidneys are damaged beyond repair, the condition cannot be cured. That is why it is important to undergo regular check-ups. Early diagnosis and management of CKD including control of underlying cause can delay or halt the progression of the disease.
Dr. Datar from Ziqitza Healthcare Ltd, based on research papers remarked that, there are certain conditions affecting the kidneys that occur with a greater incidence in women - for example, urinary tract infections that lead to infection and scarring of the kidneys and autoimmune diseases, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Systemic Lupus Erythematous.
The most popular way of treating CKD in patient is to consider dialysis. Dialysis is the procedure for cleaning the blood, removes wastes and extra water since the kidneys are not able to do the job. There are two types of dialysis, Hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis.
Tips for taking care of Kidney
Dr. Santosh Datar of Ziqitza Healthcare shared few tips below on how to take care of kidney to ensure better health of the organ. Ziqitza Rajasthan has appreciated Dr. Datars view on prevention & treatment of Chronic Kidney disease.
- Stay hydrated, drink adequate quantity of water throughout the day especially in summer season.
- Do not hold urine for a long time.
- If you have diabetes or high blood pressure, ensure the levels are well controlled by lifestyle modifications, stress management and medicines prescribed by your doctor.
- Avoid exposure to chemicals at your workplace by following safety regulations.
- Avoid prolonged use of painkillers. They damage the kidneys.
- Maintain optimum body weight.
- Avoid smoking, alcohol or any other addictive substance.
- Ensure you sleep well at least for 6-8 hours.
- Avoid excess salt in your diet. Avoid canned and packed foods.
- Eat a well-balanced nutritious diet containing carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins, minerals and fibers. Indian diet consisting of roti, dal, rice, vegetables, green leafy vegetables, salads, buttermilk, curds and fruits is a healthy diet.
- Be aware of symptoms of kidney disease and seek medical help. Kidney infections and stones should be treated promptly.
- Undergo kidney function tests regularly especially you have diabetes, blood pressure, coronary heart disease, history of kidney diseases or family history of these diseases.
- Do not fall prey to misleading advertisement of so called natural or herbal products. They may contain substances that may damage your kidneys. Consult your doctor about it.
About Ziqitza Healthcare Ltd
Ziqitza is a one-stop integrated healthcare solution for corporate or government that include Ambulance at Site, Medical Helplines, Mobile Medical units Ambulance on Subscription, Wellness at Workplace, Telehealth Services, Medical Rooms, Doctors on Site and Occupational Health Centre, among others. The service network includes 3,300 ambulances, state of art Helpline centres and medical mobile units that services 2 customers every second. We work with multiple state governments and 75 corporate clients in India and Gulf. Ziqitza is winner of Global Real impact Awards 2020 and Times Social Impact Award.
Dr. Santosh Datar Medical Director, Ziqitza Healthcare, with over 31 years of experience in the medical field. He is also trained in Occupational Health, Hospital Administration and Medico legal issues.
To know more please write to Visakh.email@example.com
To read more articles from The India Saga, click here