PM Narendra Modi’s 71st Birthday; look at some surprising facts about him
Narendra Damodar Das Modi, the Prime Minister of India turns 71 years old today. Born in Gujarat’s Vadnagar, Modi is without a doubt India’s most charismatic leader and a politician that enjoys unwavering support of the common Indians. Riding on the development slogan ‘Acche Din Aane Waale Hai,’ he delivered the unprecedented as the BJP won a clear-cut majority in the 2014 General Elections under his candidature as the PM face of the Bharatiya Janata Party.
He astonished all the opposition parties and political pundits once again in 2019 when the BJP, for the second consecutive time, won a majority under his name. BJP in 2019 even broke their previous record by winning 303 seats as compared to 282 seats in 2014.
Narendra ‘Bhai’ Modi as he is popularly called in his home state of Gujarat has also been the Chief Minister of Gujarat for twelve and a half years from 2001 to 2014. He resigned in 2014 as he was declared the PM face of the BJP. Currently, he is the two-time Member of Parliament from Varanasi, Gujarat.
Modi hails from a small town in Northern Gujarat and has completed an M.A degree in political science. He joined the BJP in the year 1987 and before this, he was associated with the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), the ideological parent of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). He was a RSS Pracharak in Ahmedabad and worked towards strengthening the organization. He was the man responsible for managing L.K.Advani’s Rath Yatra in 1990 and slowly rose to the ranks of General Secretary. In 2001, he was elected the Chief Minister of Gujarat and went to become the longest-serving Cheif Minister of Gujarat.
Here’s a look at some of the mind-boggling facts about India’s Prime Minister, Narendra Modi.
- He is the first Prime Minister to be born in an Independent India.
- A vegetarian by diet, Modi is also known to be health-conscious and a lover of the ancient Indian tradition of Yoga.
- Modi is said to be an adherent follower of Maa Durga and even fasts for all seven days during the festive season of Navratri.
- As per people close to him and people who have known him for a long time, Modi seems to have trust issues with people. The only person he blindly trusts is his trusted lieutenant, Amit Shah, who has always been with him since their RSS days.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is also is the Indian with the most number of followers on the social media platform- Twitter. Narendra Modi, as of now, has more than 71.2 million followers on Twitter leaving behind some of the big names from the film and sports fraternity.
- He is the only CM of Gujarat, who, in his twelve and a half years of service, hasn’t taken a single day off.
- A complete talent package. Narendra Modi is said to be a lover of photography as well as enjoys writing poetry in his free time. He also, during his school days, used to take part in several dramas and plays.
- Modi as a PM also has a big record to his name. He is the longest-serving Non-Congress Prime Minister of India. Moreover, he is the fourth longest-serving PM of all time.
- He is said to be a workaholic and avoid staying overnight in hotels. Instead, the Indian Prime Minister takes a rest on his plane during the course of the journey.
- Modi is someone who loves to flaunt his identity, his language, and his traditions. He always puts his signature in Hindi even in all the official documents.
Here’s wishing Narendra Modi, the Indian Prime Minister health, happiness, and love on his 71st Birthday.
Continue Reading on The India Saga