When a Bengaluru resident orders a chicken shawarma through a food delivery app, he gets a nasty surprise. He felt something metallic in his mouth while eating, and he later posted about the shocking discovery on Reddit.
This is what transpired for me a short while ago today. In Nagawara, Bangalore, I went to Absolute Shawarma (near JMJ Hospital) and ordered a Shawarma. I had placed my order with Swiggy, and when I began to eat, I was surprised to see something crisp—a metal fragment from the shawarma’s flame grill. The Swiggy support agent’s casual attitude toward the situation shocked me greatly. Is there a way for me to file a report or pursue legal action against this injustice? Wrote a Reddit user.
The incident quickly gained attention on the internet as people shared similar stories and voiced worries about the safety of the food. Users shared their experiences with the app, although many appeared to have the same problem.
Someone commented, “Yeah. Even though the pizza was almost ₹800, I had already consumed half of it when I discovered the nail. Since resolving customer complaints takes time, there was no reason to waste it.Reddit
“I once discovered a fingernail in my pizza, and Swiggy reimbursed the full cost of the pizza,” the second person said. If the current guy isn’t helping you, try bringing up this issue through another complaint option on the app. Give them a call and try to talk to someone. That works better than the conversation. If not, the best action is to lodge a customer complaint with Swiggy and the eatery.