Seven Things to know about Motor Vehicle (Amendment) Act 2016
Driving without licence get ready to pay fine of Rs. 5000
- Do not think of driving if you have been disqualified from getting licence Rs. 10,000 fine
- Drunken driving fine raised to Rs. 10,000
- Not using safety accessories, pay fine up to Rs. 1000 and Disqualification for 3 months for licence
- Offences by Juveniles: Guardian / owner shall be deemed to be guilty. Rs 25,000 fine with 3 yrs imprisonment. For Juvenile – to be tried under JJ Act. Registration of Motor Vehicle to be cancelled
- State governments will issue licenses to taxi aggregators as per Central government guidelines. Currently, state governments determine guidelines for plying of taxis. There could be cases where state taxi guidelines are at variance with the Central guidelines on aggregators.
- It is proposed to create National Register for Driving Licence and National Register for Vehicle registration through “Vahan” & “Sarathi” platforms.
By TIS Staffer